Saturday, April 16, 2005

Whew! We're all moved in to our new house!
We're all stressed and feeling highly strung, but we're here.

We got the keys and it was ours yesterday. We bought a couple of loads over in our cars, and hung around day dreaming...

The house is a 4 bedroom 1914 villa. We're only the 4th owners, so that says alot in itself! It is on a 931 square metre section on a hill with a view. Not as brillient a view as I'm used to, but I'm very happy there's a view at all. I couldn't stand being cooped up in a little place that looks out onto the neighbours clothesline or something!

We had the use of my freind's (who I do the carriage driving for) 15 foot covered trailer, which we got on wednesday and loaded up ready for moving this morning when they came with the four wheel drive. Our street is steep and narrow. It was misty and drizzling this morning, and a truck had spilt diesel afew days ealier, so it was a mission to get it up, even just the wee way to our drive! And blocks were nessesary under the wheels of the trailer and 4WD, because they were sliding downhill...!

Anyway, after most of it all fell out, we got it all unloaded and got back for anther load. Got that all loaded, and another friend turned up with their flat deck truck, and we loaded that up too. Had fun unloading it all, and there was only one more load left for the flat deck and it's all here. Gee, I could have sworn we didn't have THAT MUCH stuff!!!

It's all here at any rate. Most of it is in the 2-3 car garage/basement, but we'll sort that, as long as it's here. The piano was fun to move, but we got it!

My rats are back in my bedroom (YAY! despite what others may think... ) and my cockatiel is demanding to be let out, but she'll have to wait until I clip her wings again or she'll be impossible. The dogs are back inside the house, one of them is asleep at my feet. Both them and me are incredibly happy to have them back inside the house. The one asleep at my feet is the one that has had three neighbour complaints at around this time of the day; because she whines and grizzles constantly even when she's been fed... All I hear is the big contented sigh.

We met a neighbour yesterday, and another neighbour came around about 20 mins ago with a hot apple pie!! We're going to put a note in all the neighbours mailboxes, with a pic of us, the dogs and the cat, and an invite to our housewarming party next weekend. Anyone on here is welcome to come too!

I was incredibly grumpy earlier, I can't even remember why, but it was nothing. Now I'm grinning and bouncing about the place. Stress doesn't work well on me! I've yet to make my bed again (big pile of blankets on it) but the rest of the room is basicly sorted... I'm going to put a book shelf on the wall, and I'll have to put up my 150+ ribbons from the horse shows, and there's alot of stuff I might store down in the basement, but otherwise I'm actually relativly sorted! lol!

Oh the joys of moving house.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home